Monday, June 25, 2012

Baby Bubble Blanket - Beginner Level Pattern

I was working on an amigurumi that my youngest daughter requested a long time ago.  I realized that I had run out of the size eyes I need.  While waiting for them to arrive, I began a baby blanket for my new granddaughter who is doing her darnedest to come early.  She is not due until September, but mama is already at 5 cm.  She is on medication to hold the baby off for at least 2 more weeks.   This was an easy pattern to do while I had my grandsons.


I used Lion's Brand One Pound Pink and Lion's Brand One Pound White along with a N-9 mm hook.

The finished blanket. I decided to add a bit of a scalloped edge to it:

This picture shows the true colors of the blanket.

Close-up of the stitches



    The creator of the pattern does give people permission to sell the finished item.  It is a very easy pattern.  She said it only takes her 3 hours to work one up.  3 hours?!  Awesome.  I needed something quick and easy.
    
    Unfortunately, mine took much longer.  I was halfway through it when I realized it seemed awfully small even for a preemie.  After measuring, I realized it was 9 inches short. 9 inches!  That is a huge mistake for a baby blanket.  

    I rippped it all out and started over.  It was taking such a long time to make it, I compared my blanket to her blog pictures and realized my stitches were much tighter.  Next time I need to use a larger hook.

The pdf download is here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment